Wednesday 3 November 2010

Initial question

Where did it come from?

It was a connection that felt so real – a love that felt so pure.

Like with so many other life-changing things though, I struggle to remember what life was like before that time.

Life before that time…. it even feels wrong when I contemplate it.

Yet I know you haven’t always been part of my life.

One day, a day I can’t bring to mind, must have been the last day before I knew you.

Unknowingly, a casual remark or two led to a white-knuckle ride that changed everything.

Change was a part of everything for us – we were both at crossroads, dealing with challenges, fears and hopes.

One by one problems came our way.

Mine felt smaller with you at my side, I think you felt the same way too.

Even though some knocks left us reeling and questioning our sanity.

But you were always there for me, even when I was too blind to see.

Adjusting to life without your heart entwined with mine is one of the hardest things I’ve had to do.

Coming to terms with the hurt I caused you brings tears to my eyes.

Knowing you may never trust me again has hollowed out my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment