Sunday 14 November 2010

Deep breath...

Each new entry on this blog pushes something off the edge of the page and into the archive. Nothing new in that.

While looking over my blog this weekend I realised that the next thing I was going to post would push one of the hardest things I've ever written off the page and into said archive.

I wrote it on 4 November, and it's entitled I missed your birthday.

It made me feel uncomfortable knowing it would go.

I decided to mark its passing into the archive by, well marking its passing into the archive.

So, this post serves two purposes.

It deals with something that I had been putting off.  And at the same time provides a link.

This may make sense to no one but me.

But that's OK.

And anyway, I can't even be sure if anyone but me ever reads this stuff.

3 comments:

  1. I'm reading :) And in a way, it's maybe symbolic of pressing on... it's still there, tucked away in the memory/archive, still part of you/this blog... but you keep moving forward... I always like to find symbolism in such things, as simple and irrelevant as it may seem. I ran a marathon this past weekend and with .5 miles left, one of my favorite songs came on. My favorite line: not running from something; running towards the day, helped me realize that while I may never forget the past, I can't let it control me either... and by the way, I finally attached a name and pic to my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comment. Nice to meet you!

    I think for me, where this part of my past is concerned, I want to get to a point where it feels ok to remember not painful. It's been such a long time, coming to terms with it would be good I think.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I can understand but I'm guessing the circumstances are probably different. I can say that I do understand how an event on my life brings back many painful feelings and I would like to get past that as well. It’s so hard to open that wound up and let it heal without infection. Right now, I’m infected.

    ReplyDelete