Sunday 16 January 2011

Don't tell me that you understand

Don't tell me that you understand
Don't tell me that you know
Don't tell me that I will survive
How I will surely grow.

Don't tell me this is just a test
That I am truly blessed
That I am chosen for this task
Apart from all the rest

Don't come at me with answers
That can only come from me
Don't tell me how my grief will pass
That I will soon be free

Don't stand in pious judgment
Of the bounds I must untie
Don't tell me how to suffer
And don't tell me how to cry

My life is filled with selfishness
My pain is all I see
But I need you, I need your love
Unconditionally

Accept me in my ups and downs
I need someone to share
Just hold my hand and let me cry
And say "My Friend, I Care"

(anon)


I was inspired to republish this unattributed work by something I was given a few days ago

No comments:

Post a Comment